Cheddar Cheese Puffs with Jam
Cheddar Cheese Puffs with Jalapeño Raspberry Jam is great as an appetizer or a snack. Just be careful because they are very addicting with a buttery flaky pastry and a chewy cheddar cheese center. Okay, so the picture doesn't look too "puffy." We went a little overboard on the amount of cheese and jam we put inside, so when it baked it stayed a little flat. So, if you want a beautiful puffy outcome, follow the recipe below as-is. If you love cheese like we do, and put more in, this is what they will look like 🙂
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry until it is several inches larger in length and width. Cut it in half making 2 rectangles, and brush each half with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle cheese onto one of the rectangles, and a slight pinch of salt (or to your taste).
- Fold the rectangle without the cheese on top of the other so that the egg wash and cheese are on the inside.
- Using your rolling pin, seal the two pieces together well.
- Cut small squares (about 1 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches) out of the puff pastry.
- Make sure the edges are sealed, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until they puff up and starting to brown.
- Place about 1/2 teaspoon of jam on each puff. Serve immediately.
Products and displays used in this recipe:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.