Make a batch of homemade chocolate oatmeal with old-fashioned rolled oats, cocoa powder, toasted hazelnuts, yogurt, L’Abeille Occitane honey and a pinch of salt!
Batch of Oatmeal:
- 4 cups of non-fat milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt available in our online shop
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
Toppings for each bowl:
- Bring 4 cups of milk to a boil.
- Whisk in ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder and the teaspoon of salt.
- Add two cups of rolled oats and reduce heat to simmer. Cook between 15-20 minutes until the oats are tender.
- Serve in a bowl and top with the amount of honey, yogurt and hazelnuts you like. You can add fruits too.
You can use 2% or whole milk
You can use crème fraiche instead of plain yogurt
Nutritional information does not include toppings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy breakfast recipes, healthy oatmeal recipes, healthy breakfast, cocoa powder recipe