Pumpkin Coconut Panna Cotta is a Fall inspired dessert that sounds fancy and complicated to make. It is fancy, but it's a quick dessert that you can throw together with just a few ingredients. Panna Cotta is creamy, smooth, light, doesn’t need to be baked, and is so easy to make at home. You will impress your friends for sure. They will think that you purchased this dessert from a restaurant.
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-1/2 teaSpoons unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups coconut milk - I use Aroy-D Pure Coconut Cream
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Pure Organic Vermont Maple Syrup which you can buy in our online shop
- Pinch of Pure Sea Salt from Messolonghi which you can buy in our online shop
- 1 teaSpoon vanilla
Serving & Garnish:
- Organic Cinnamon Stick Infused Vermont Maple Syrup which you can buy in our online shop
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened coconut flakes.
- 8 glass dessert bowl or stemless flute glasses
- Heat: In a small sauce pan on low heat, pour 1/4 cup of water and sprinkle gelatin. Stir until the gelatin dissolves, then remove it from the heat.
- Blend: In a blender add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, heavy cream, maple syrup, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Blend to combine. Then, add the gelatin mixture and blend until smooth.
- Strain mixture through a colander.
- Pour into dessert bowl or stemless flute glasses. Chill for a least 6 hours.
- Toast the coconut flakes in a sauté pan or the oven until they turn lightly brown.
- TIP: Oven Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Adjust the rack to the center. Spread the coconut flakes evenly in a baking sheet. Keep your eyes on it because will turn brown very quickly.
- Garnish: After the panna cotta sets and you are ready to serve, pour some Cinnamon Maple Syrup on top and sprinkle the toasted coconut flakes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigeration
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 6-oz
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 14.6 g
- Sodium: 54.6 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Trans Fat: 17.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 20.6 mg
Keywords: pumpkin dessert, panna cotta, Italian dessert, pumpkin recipe, pumpkin puree, fall dessert, easy dessert, fall recipe, coconut cream