Easy Salted Caramel Pear Trifle is a layered dessert that you'll be licking the spoon wishing for more. Made with pound cake, poach Bosc pears, flavored whipped cream, crushed toasted hazelnut and L’Epicurien Salted Butter Caramel Spread.
Blog post contains affiliate links. Read our Disclosure Policy
Have you ever tried an easy Salted Caramel Pear Trifle? Then, you are missing an amazingly surprising dessert. Trifle is a traditional British dessert with flavored cream, fruits and a buttery pound or sponge cake soaked in sherry wine and custard, and topped with whipped cream. Since its original creation, this dessert has been evolving with many different variations over the ages.
For this Pear Trifle recipe, we will place four layers of texture in clear glass tumblers with straight edges. The most important part of this recipe is poaching the pears in the sugary aromatic water for 15 minutes and then letting the pears cool down in the syrup. When you poach the pears in this light sweet water containing cinnamon, lemon peel and vanilla bean, the pears take on such a delightful taste. You can use these poached pears in so many different recipes, and as a final touch to take any “OK” dessert to a new gourmet level.
Now for the infused whipped cream with L’Epicurien Salted Butter Caramel Spread, which is available for purchase in our online shop. I like to use gelatin powder in the whipped cream so that it holds the airy consistency for many days. If you don't do this, the fresh whipped cream will lose its fluffiness pretty fast.
Like this recipe so far? Be the first to know when we release new ones!
Assembling the Salted Caramel Pear Trifle
Make sure to have fun assembling the trifle, but it must be done in this order: Add the pound cake, 5 thinly sliced pieces of pears, drizzle on the caramel sauce, and then the flavored whipped cream. Repeat these steps two or three times, and then finally top with caramel sauce and crushed hazelnut.
With this easy Salted Caramel Pear Trifle, you'll die and go to heaven with every bite. Ask Geoffrey because he took 3 or 4 glasses to work and kept them in his private refrigerator for himself. If you love easy recipes with caramel, also check out this Mini Caramel Apples recipe. I assure you that your kids will love it.
UPDATE: This recipe is also part of our special group of caramel sauce recipes called 6 Creamy Dreamy Caramel Sauce Recipes You will Crave All Year Long, and don't miss our new Orange Shortbread Cookies filled with Caramel Sauce recipe.
Have a great year my friends!
Easy Salted Caramel Pear Trifle has flavored whipped cream piped between layers of pound cake, poached pears, L’Epicurien Salted Butter Caramel Spread and topped with crushed toasted hazelnut. Can be made the day before.
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 6 cups water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 2-inch strip lemon peel
- 4 firm & ripe Bosc pears, peeled, halved, cored
For Whipped Cream:
Making the Pears:
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into large saucepan; add bean. Add 6 cups water, sugar and lemon peel.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer. Add pears; simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Cool pears in syrup.
Making the Whipped Cream:
- Beat chilled cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in large bowl until firm peaks form.
- Fold ½ cup caramel sauce into cream. NOTE: You may need to heat the caramel sauce slightly (5-8 seconds in microwave) and stir to work with it. Make sure it is not warm going into the cream.
Assembling the Trifle:
- Drain pears and cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Press 1 piece of cake into each of the six 12- to 14-ounce tumblers.
- Top each with 5 pear slices, 2 teaSpoons caramel sauce and ¼ cup caramel cream.
- Repeat layering with cake, pears, caramel sauce and caramel cream. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Drizzle remaining caramel sauce over trifles. Sprinkle with nuts and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: British
Available here today in our online shop:
Available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.