Grilled Leg of Lamb with Moroccan Date Sauce is the perfect dish for weekend dinners around the BBQ. But, there are two steps that you most follow to get a very flavorful and juicy lamb: Marinate it for a least 8 hours, and don't over cook it.
- One 5-lb butterflied leg of lamb, trimmed of excess fat
- 4 garlic cloves - 4 thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Ras el hanout
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar Moroccan Date Sauce
- Using a small, sharp knife, make ½ inch-deep slits all over the lamb.
- Press the garlic slices into the slits.
- In a bowl combine oregano, Ras el hanout, salt & pepper. Make sure to rub it in the slits
- Then coat the lamb with Moroccan Date Sauce, making sure to rub it into the slits.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- In a medium saucepan, heat ¼ cup of Moroccan Date Sauce and minced garlic.
- Remove from heat. Reserve ½ cup of the Moroccan Date Sauce for glazing the lamb.
- Light a grill. Lightly season the lamb with salt and black pepper.
- Grill over moderate heat, turning once, until the lamb is nicely charred all over and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the leg registers 130°, about 15 minutes per side. During the last 3 minutes of grilling, brush the reserved ½ cup of Moroccan Date Sauce all over the lamb.
- Transfer the grilled lamb to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the lamb across the grain and serve with the warmed Moroccan Date Sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: Moroccan
Keywords: Moroccan recipes