Grilled Summer Vegetables is an easy & healthy recipe with Mediterranean flavor from the tasty Kalamata Olive & Oregano Spread.
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 eggplant
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 yellow beets
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 red onions
- 3 TableSpoons Melies EVOO for brushing the vegetables
- Salt & pepper
Vegetable Prep and Grilling:
- Wash & dry the vegetables.
- Preheat the grill as you always do. I use an electric grill from Hamilton Beach and set the grill at 400 degrees.
- I set the oven at 200 degrees to keep the vegetables warm after they come off the grill
- Cut lengthwise in 1-inch thick slices the eggplant, zucchini & yellow squash.
- Cut in 1-inch thick round slices the yellow beets (peel the skin) & red onion. You don’t need to cut the green onions.
- Brush the vegetables on both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- In a medium pot boil the corn in water for 10 minutes.
- Start to grill the vegetables. See grilling times below.
- Eggplant: 10 minutes – turn after 5 minutes.
- Zucchini & yellow squash: 7 minutes and turn after 3 minutes. You can leave longer but I like them with a slightly crunchy texture.
- Red onions: 5-7 minutes each size.
- Green onions / scallions: Grill rotating until you see the grill marks (5 minutes total). The time will depend the kind of grill that you have.
- Yellow beets: Cook 7 minutes each size. It will depend how thick you cut the beets. I did mine on the thinner side
- Corn: Grill rotating until you see the grill marks. Remember the corn is already cooked. We just need the char marks.
- Lay the vegetables on a platter and pile them by sections.
- Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and whisk well.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the grilled vegetables.
Vitamin A 1%, Vitamin C 38%, Calcium 5%, Iron 8%, Vitamin E 1%, Vitamin K 15%
- Category: Side dishes
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 78.4 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.7 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 2.5 g