Grilled watermelon topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt lime crema and garnished with fresh mint. This watermelon salad recipe is refreshing, smoky, perfectly sweet, and tangy. It’s ideal for every time you turn on your grill. Grilled watermelon just tastes like summer.
- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 TableSpoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TableSpoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaSpoon coarsely chopped thyme
- 1 TableSpoon Five Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling available in our online shop
- ½ teaSpoon Sea Salt available in our online shop
- ¼ teaSpoon freshly ground black pepper
- Twelve 3-inch-long triangles of seedless red watermelon, about 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup small mint leaves
- Turn on your grill to high heat.
- Combine the yogurt with the lemon juice, vinegar, thyme and the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the watermelon triangles with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until nicely charred, about 1 minute per side; transfer to plates.
- Top the watermelon with the yogurt sauce and season with black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil, garnish with the mint and serve.
The yogurt sauce can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: Greek food, summer salad, watermelon snack, grilled fruit, summer recipe, watermelon salad, salad recipe, easy recipe, lime crema, Greek yogurt, yogurt cream