Honey Labneh Ice Cream is an easy recipe with just a few ingredients. Inspired by Middle Eastern flavors and made with Leatherwood Honey, this frozen yogurt style ice cream has the perfect balance of sweetness, smoothness, creaminess, and tanginess.
- Chill the bowl of your ice cream maker overnight.
- In a large mixing bowl add the labneh cheese, heavy cream, Leatherwood honey, vanilla paste, and lemon zest. Whisk until is well combined.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream maker bowl, and set the ice cream maker according to the manufacturer instructions. Churn for about 23-25 minutes.
- Remove the Honey Labneh Ice Cream into a freezer friendly container.
- Cover with parchment paper, pressing it to the surface of the ice cream so it adheres. Then cover with a lid. It’s okay if the parchment hangs over the rim. Store it in the coldest part of your freezer (farthest from the door) until firm – at least 6 hours. It will keep for up to 3 months.
- Serve in an ice cream cup or in a waffle cone with crumbled halva and drizzle with more Leatherwood honey
The nutrition info does not include the toppings
Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 8%, Iron 1%, Vitamin D 10%, Vitamin B12 8%, Vitamin E 1%, Vitamin K 1%
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Middle East
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 246
- Sugar: 26.5 g
- Sodium: 29.3 mg
- Fat: 13.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.6 g
- Protein: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 41 mg