Jalapeño Raspberry Spring Roll Dipping Sauce
Jalapeño Raspberry Spring Roll Dipping Sauce recipe is so easy to make. You only need one ingredient which is Jalapeño Raspberry Jam. You just need it to warm it up for 30 seconds in the microwave and you are all set. I decided to make the spring rolls for first time. Consequently, I highly recommend that you buy the rolls already made. I found that the rice wrapper is too thin and delicate for me and I don't have a lot of patience to be so careful. NOTE: When I said this was "so easy" I meant the dipping sauce, not the spring rolls;) You can use the Jalapeño Raspberry Jam with any fried food. The flavor is a nice combination of sweet and spicy.
- 1 package of Pilaf, prepared as directed. I use Garlic Clove Foods Garden Pilaf
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, stems removed
- 4-6 lettuce leaves, torn
- Jalapeno Raspberry Jam
- small rice paper wrappers
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 teaSpoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaSpoon sesame oil
- 2 teaSpoons low sodium soy sauce
- For spring rolls:Sauté shiitake mushrooms in 2 teaSpoons vegetable oil. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add 1 teaSpoon sesame oil, 2 teaSpoons soy sauce and chopped green onions to the Pilaf, stir to combine.
- Fill a shallow bowl with water. Soak 1 piece rice paper until pliable, but not entirely soft, 10 to 15 seconds.
- Lay flat on a cutting board. Place a piece of lettuce across wrapper 2 inches from bottom. Layer a TableSpoon of Pilaf, 3 strips of shiitake mushrooms and a basil leaf to form a log-shaped pile.
- Fold bottom edge of wrapper up and sides in against filling. Roll up to top edge. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut in half.For dipping sauce:Combine 1/4 cup of Jalapeno Raspberry Jam and a TableSpoon of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Pour into dipping bowl and allow to cool.TIP: Or you just warm the jam without water for a deeper flavor.
Cuisine Asian, International
Products and displays used in this recipe:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.