This is a simple cake recipe and we added some of our Lingonberry Fruit Spread to give a fruity flavor. Lingonberry, although it's hard to put this superior taste into words, can be described as a cross between a cranberry and a huckleberry. These wonderful little berries are refreshingly tart with a touch of sweetness.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease the bottom of two 9” round pans.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla and rose water until incorporated. Add eggs one at a time.
- Beat in flour and the jam alternately beginning and ending with flour until both are fully incorporated.
- Divide batter between the pans and bake about 30 minutes - until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Frost with butter cream frosting. I used the recipe from The Kitchen Magpie
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Europe
Keywords: Cake recipe, cake with jam, cake with fruit spread, European cake recipe