I have to say this Mango Chutney is one of my favorite chutneys because it has my favorite fruit – mangos, and the best part is that this one jar of deliciousness is so versatile. Mango Chutney by L’Epicurien has vibrant flavors because the mangos are cooked in a copper cauldron. At the same time mangos give this chutney a sweet flavor, peppers and spices add some heat.
The other night we had a nice “Spoonabilities Dinner” with cheeses, and crackers, and cured meats, and several other small bites. I made Mango Chutney, goat cheese and shrimp in a filo dough (Phyllo) cup. They didn’t last too long. You can find a few similar appetizers in our recipe page.
This particular mango chutney is an ideal accompaniment for salsas, grilled fish, chicken, and pork. It adds excitement to cheese platters. Stir into cooked rice or couscous before serving. Mix into a plain chicken, shrimp or lobster salad. A great spread for a ham sandwich and of course with Indian dishes!Print
- 1 package (15 count) Mini Filo (Phyllo) Shells, baked and cooled
- 3 tablespoons (approximately) whipped cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons Mango Chutney Click to order from our online shop
- 3 oz. cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- Spread inside of tart shells with ½ teaspoon cream cheese.
- Combine Mango Chutney and shrimp, then spoon into tart shells.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Makes 15 appetizers (allow 2 to 3 per serving).
Available in our online shop: