I have to say this Mango Pineapple Chutney is my favorite chutney because it has all my favorite fruits and nuts, and the best part is that they are all in one jar of deliciousness. This amazing chutney is inspired by the flavors of the South Pacific islands, combining mango, pineapple, macadamia nuts and coconut. Its lively flavor is sweet and tangy with a subtle ginger finish.
The other night we had a nice “Spoonabilities Dinner” with cheeses, and crackers, and cured meats, and several other small bites. I made Mango Pineapple Chutney, goat cheese and shrimp in a filo dough (Phyllo) cup. They didn’t last too long. You can find a few similar appetizers in our recipe page.
This particular chutney is an ideal accompaniment to fish and shellfish, pork and chicken. It adds excitement to cheese platters. Stir into cooked rice or couscous before serving. Mix into a plain chicken, shrimp or lobster salad. A great spread for a ham sandwich and of course with Indian dishes!
Mango Pineapple Shrimp Tarts
- 1 package (15 count) Mini Filo (Phyllo) Shells, baked and cooled
- 3 tablespoons (approximately) whipped cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons Mango Pineapple Chutney
- 3 oz. cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- Spread inside of tart shells with ½ teaspoon cream cheese.
- Combine Pineapple Mango Chutney and shrimp, then spoon into tart shells.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Makes 15 appetizers (allow 2 to 3 per serving).