Warm marinated olives sauteed with saucisson sec (salami), garlic, rosemary, cumin seeds, peppercorn, smoked chili flakes, orange peels, other spices. This hors d’oeuvre goes great over crusty bread. We are using Greek green olives and Kalamata olives for a rich Mediterranean flavor for this easy appetizer recipe; a fantastic way to start a dinner party.
- 3 oz. thinly sliced (saucisson sec) salami
- 1 cup lightly smashed Greek Pitted Green Olives available in our online shop
- 1 cup lightly smashed Greek Pitted Kalamata Olives available in our online shop
- 1/3 cup LIÁ Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil available in our online shop
- 3 cloves peeled and smashed garlic
- 2 5” long strips of orange peel
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus a rosemary spring for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Daphnis & Chloe Smoked Chili Flakes available in our online shop
- 1/3 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano available in our online shop
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the salami, olives, olive oil, garlic, orange peels, chopped rosemary, coriander seeds, and whole black peppercorns. Stir frequently until the garlic is golden around the edges, around 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let it sit in the skillet to allow the flavors to infuse, for about 20 minutes. Before serving, heat through until warm, and serve warm.
- Pour into a serving bowl. Serve with toothpicks and crusty bread for dipping.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Warm/Stove
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Appetizers, Cocktail Party, olive recipe, hors d’oeuvre, apéro, aperitif, snacks, tapas, mezze