Mexican Lasagna is meaty, cheesy, spicy, and easy to make recipe for Cinco De Mayo or any Mexican themed party. Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, along with L’Epicurien Red Pepper Relish are the secret ingredients for this delicious lasagna. This Mexican Lasagna is a crowd pleaser and best idea for your family Mexican night dinners.
- 1 jar Roasted Red Pepper Salsa
- 1/4 cup L’Epicurien Red Pepper Relish Click to buy in our online shop
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 packages No Boil Lasagna Pasta – 8 oz – I use Ronzoni
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 packages shredded colby-jack cheese. Reserve some aside.
Final touches on top, and on side accompaniments:
- 2 cups sour cream. Fat-free or reduced fat.
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 2 green onions, chopped including white part
- 1 medium tomato
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat until cooked; drain fat.
- Stir in taco seasoning, Red Pepper Relish, Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, refried beans.
- Grease a baking dish (9″ x 13″).
- For the first layer, pour some Roasted Red Pepper Salsa into the dish, then one-third of the meat mixture. Sprinkle on one cup of cheese. Then, the lasagna pasta.
- Repeat all of step #5 two more times for two more layers.
- As the top layer, pour on more salsa and sprinkle more cheese but reserve some for later.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese. You can add more salsa if you want before you put on the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and add some sour cream, olives, fresh green onions, and fresh tomatoes to the top
- Serve with more sour cream and more cheese if you like.
Vitamin A 19%, Vitamin C 167%, Calcium 37% , Iron 23%
- Category: Dinner, lunch
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 8 total
- Calories: 626
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 601 mg
- Fat: 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 17.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.4 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 118.3 mg