Kefta or Kofta, is the proper name for these Moroccan meatballs. Any way you call them, they are delicious. Made with lamb, or you can substitute beef, mixed with some spices and the Moroccan Date Sauce, you will not go wrong.
- 1lb 16 oz ground Lamb
- 1 ½ teaSpoon Paprika
- 1 teaSpoon ground Cumin
- 6 large fresh Parsley sprigs
- 1/4 teaSpoon Salt
- 1/4 teaSpoon Oregano
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 jar Moroccan Date Sauce
- Place lamb in a large bowl, and add the paprika, cumin, garlic, oregano, 3 TableSpoons of Moroccan Date Sauce, half of the chopped parsley and 1 teaSpoon salt.
- Mix or knead to thoroughly distribute flavorings through meat.
- Roll meat into 1-inch balls (about 1 TableSpoon meat mixture).
- Put the meatballs In a baking sheet with parchment paper and put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Pour the Moroccan Date Sauce in a pan. Set over medium heat and warm.
- Add the slightly cooled meatballs into the pan and coat with the sauce.
- Taste and stir in more salt if you think necessary. Spoon onto individual plates and serve.
- Category: Dinners
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Moroccan
Keywords: Moroccan recipes