This easy one-pot lasagna soup is ready in 30-minutes, using simple pantry ingredients like ground beef, San Marzano tomatoes, tomato paste, veggies, spices, chicken stock, lasagna pasta, and cheese.
- 1 pound 90% lean ground chuck
- 1 TableSpoon LIA Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to brown the meat, available in our online shop
- 1 teaSpoon salt, to brown the meat
- 1 teaSpoon ground black pepper, to brown the meat
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaSpoon salt, to saute the veggies
- 1 teaSpoon ground black pepper, to saute the veggies
- 1 teaSpoon dried thyme
- 2 teaSpoons dried Dominican Oregano
- 1 teaSpoon smoked chili flakes available in our online shop
- 2 1/2 TableSpoons tomato paste, 6oz
- 6 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (26oz) can San Marzano D.O.P. Tomatoes – Flora Fine Foods
- 8 oz lasagnetti homestyle pasta (2.5 cups) – Flora Fine Foods
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- In a large pot or cast-iron Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, add a Tablespoon of olive oil and add the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper about 1 teaspoon each, stirring occasionally until browned. Drain fat from the pot and put the browned ground beef on a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up the extra fat.
- Heat remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in the pot. Add the chopped onions and red pepper, and sauté until they are soft. Then add the garlic and cook until fragrant – about 30 seconds. Season with oregano, thyme, and smoked chili flakes. Add the tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Stir in chicken stock and crushed tomatoes, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a quick boil, and stir in the lasagnetti pasta. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cover for about 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir in half-and half.
- Ladle the lasagna soup into bowls and garnish with mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Category: Soup, dinner, lunch
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Kid friendly, 30 minute meal, freezer friendly, one pot, weeknight meals, comfort food, pantry staple.