Pecan Pie Bundt Cake is a combination of the traditional flavors of the classic pecan pie, and the sweet & moist taste of cake, in the unique Kugelhopf Bundt pan shape. The sweet brown sugar drizzle makes this cake luscious. It is one of our new favorite holiday baking recipes.
The surprise ingredient for this delicious Pecan Pie Bundt Cake is the use of Orange Blossom Honey from France instead of traditional corn syrup.
Adapted from Bake From scratch
- 2 TableSpoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 TableSpoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaSpoon baking powder
- ¾ cup Orange Blossom Honey Click to order online from our shop
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 TableSpoons coffee creamer – I use Hazelnut flavor.
- pinch salt
Preheat oven to 325°.
For the cake:
- Grease the 10-cups Kugelhopf Bundt Pan with butter. Sprinkle pecans in the pan and swirl pan to coat. Leave remaining pecans in bottom of pan, but make sure they are evenly distributed
- Using a stand mixer, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed until fluffy – about 4 to 5 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. In a small bowl, stir together honey and buttermilk. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 1 hour.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack, and let cool for 30 minutes.
For the drizzle:
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter, coffee creamer, and salt to a boil. Remove from heat. Slowly drizzle over warm cake.
Note: I drizzle mine the next day, and it works great because the cake is more stable. I think due to the Bundt cake mold style if I do it with the cake still warm, pecan pieces from the top of the cake may fall off.
Vitamin A 22%, Calcium 7%, Iron 9%, Vitamin B12 4%, Vitamin E 5%, Vitamin K 3%
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 13 serving
- Calories: 549
- Sugar: 53.9 g
- Sodium: 86.1 mg
- Fat: 28.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 71.4 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 112.1 mg