Artichoke Pesto Pasta Salad with Green Bean and Potato is a delicious summer recipe with rich artichoke & Asiago taste, and creamy texture. Inspired by a recipe from the American Test Kitchen, this cold pasta salad is great as a side dish with BBQ meals, or even by itself for lunch.
If you like this recipe, join our newsletter
- 1 jar Artichoke Pesto by L'Epicurien
- 2 Tablespoons Navarino Icons Eleon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Fleur de Sel Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Crème Fraîche
- 3 garlic cloves
- 12 oz green beans, trimmed and cut into 1+1/2 inch lengths
- 1 lb red potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 1 lb fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cups roasted cherry tomato. I made my own. See notes below.
- Heat 3 quarts water to boil and add salt.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces or into 4 pieces if the potato is small or medium size.
- Add the Fusilli pasta in the same pot with the potatoes.
- Cook the potato and pasta for 10-12 minutes or until is cooked
- After you remove the potato and pasta. Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes
- In another skillet, add the two Tablespoons EVOO.
- Add the garlic for a minute until it is fragrant.
- Add the roasted cherry tomato, Artichoke Pesto and the cheeses (Asiago & Parmesan). Add two Tablespoons of Crème Fraîche
- Option: Add some pasta water if you want a more loose sauce.
- Add the pasta, green beans & potatoes. Make sure that everything is coated well with the sauce.
- Cook over low heat for a few minutes until the sauce gets creamy if needed
- Serve in a salad bowl and drizzle on some Navarino Icons Eleon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 47% , Iron 32%
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Lunch, dinner, salad
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 782
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1036.5 mg
- Fat: 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 61.9 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 22.5 g
- Cholesterol: 24.1 mg