Just imagine the combination of a moist carrot cake, pumpkin puree, and a layer of cheesecake all in the form of a bundt cake for a dramatic effect. And as if that isn’t enough, this Pumpkin Carrot Bundt Cake has a cream cheese vanilla maple drizzle all over the top.
Carrot Pumpkin Bundt Cake:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 TableSpoon cinnamon
- 2 teaSpoons baking soda
- 1 teaSpoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaSpoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaSpoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaSpoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup LIA Extra Virgin Olive Oil Click to buy in our online shop, or you can use vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaSpoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins. I use more because we love raisins
- 12 ounces (1.5 packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaSpoon pure vanilla bean paste
Cream Cheese Drizzle:
- 8 ounces (1 package) of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 TableSpoons buttermilk
- 1/4 cup + 3 TableSpoons Vanilla Bean infused Organic Vermont Maple Syrup Click to order from our online shop
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Carrot Pumpkin Bundt Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a bundt cake mold by greasing and dusting it with flour. This cake is very moist so you need to do this step!
- In a bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet mixture, and gently combine.
- Stir in the carrots, coconut, nuts, and raisins.
- Pour half the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan
In a medium bowl using a hand-held or stand mixer equipped with whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat on high speed until completely combined.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture in an even layer on top of the cake batter. It’s thick so do your best.
- Pour the remaining cake batter on top.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. NOTE: Ovens vary and this is a moist cake. Don’t be discouraged if your cake takes longer than 1 hour. It’s done when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for at least 15 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack.
Cream Cheese Drizzle
- Beat together the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add in the buttermilk and Maple Syrup, and mix until smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar, and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle the icing all over the cake. You can be creative where you want to icing to be
Vitamin A 44%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 19%, Iron 25%, Vitamin B12 17%, Vitamin E 4%, Vitamin K 20%
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Dessert, Holidays
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 456
- Sugar: 49.6 g
- Sodium: 486.6 mg
- Fat: 19.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 67.8 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 74.3 mg
Keywords: carrot cake, budnt cake