Roast Chicken with Jalapeño Raspberry Glaze
This Roast Chicken is a very easy recipe. I just used 4 ingredients, and the Jalapeño Raspberry Jam gives a little hint of spiciness and the sugar from the jam created a nice caramelized and flavorful crust. As for a side dish to go with it, here is some ideas: white rice, steamed vegetables or roasted potato (cut in half and put it in the pan underneath the chicken). TIPS: Another idea is that you can cut the chicken into smaller pieces and you can reduce the cooking time to 35 minutes. With the liquid and bits left in the roasting pan, you can make a sauce adding some more jam, chicken stock and for the acidity ingredient, use either some balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar or lemon juice. Adjust with salt & pepper if is need it. Grilling instructions: Cut the chicken butterfly and grill the skin side first and when you turn to the other side add the glaze. Apply several times until you get a thick layer. This recipe is part of our Easy 1-2-3 collection
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 Jalapeno Raspberry Jam
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Salt and pepper chicken, Glaze with ½ a jar of jam. Place in oven.
- After about 30 minutes, glaze chicken with jam and juices from bottom of the pan. Cook another hour or until done.
- Take out of the oven and let rest 15 minutes before cutting.
- Microwave remaining jam in microwave safe bowl for about 20 seconds and serve on the side if desired.
Products and displays used in this recipe:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.