Oven-roasted turkey breast for two is seasoned with a delicious brown butter, smoked chili flakes, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and white wine. Put together an intimate meal with all the flavors of Thanksgiving dinner. This bone-in turkey breast recipe is easy to make with simple ingredients, and is juicy, and very flavorful.
- 2 skin-on, bone-in turkey breasts (3.5-4 lb. each)
- 1/2 cup Black & Bolyard Brown Butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Daphnis & Chloe Smoked Chili Flakes
- 4+ sprigs rosemary (finely chop 1.5 teaspoons, and reserve rest to put in the oven with the turkey)
- 6+ sprigs thyme (finely chop 1.5 teaspoons, and reserve rest to put in the oven with the turkey)
- 2 heads of garlic (grate 4 cloves with a microplane, and cut the top off of the other head - See photo)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt plus some to sprinkle on the skin before putting in the oven
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (a half a lemon). Reserve the whole lemon to put with the turkey breast in the oven.
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce to make gravy with pan drippings.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for gravy
- Preheat: Arrange an oven rack in the bottom third of the oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Make herb butter: In a bowl, mix together the Brown Butter, Smoked Chili Flakes, chopped thyme, chopped rosemary, grated garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Gently loosen skin from turkey breasts and rub the butter under skin and all over outside of breasts.
- Prepare for baking: Scatter some thyme and rosemary sprigs, the full head of garlic, and the unsqueezed lemon half on the baking pan, and arrange turkey breasts, skin side up, on top. Scatter the rest of the thyme, rosemary, garlic, and squeezed lemon half around the baking dish. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Pour the wine into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Put the turkey in the oven: Lower the oven to 350°F and roast the turkey for 1.5 hours. After 1 hour, check the temperature. Note: The weight of your turkey will determine the actual cooking time. Estimate 20 minutes per pound. The turkey is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F in the thickest part of the breast meat.
- Let it rest: Transfer turkey breasts to a platter and cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving.
- Cut the turkey breast into serving sizes and place in a serving plate or on a wooden board.
- Make the gravy: In a small saucepan, add the pan drippings, and 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce. Put 1 cup of chicken broth in a larger measuring cup, and add 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour. Whisk until combined and then add it to the saucepan.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Category: Dinner/holiday
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roast turkey, roasted turkey, baked turkey, oven roasted turkey, thanksgiving dinner, thanksgiving turkey, holiday dinner, Christmas dinner, dinner for two