These 15-minute air fryer salmon tacos with spicy chipotle sauce are too good to be true. Fresh and light, yet super satisfying. Salmon fillet, shredded cabbage, lime juice, Mexican crema, and cilantro over warm corn tortillas. That’s all you need!
Serving Size: 2 tacos per person
- 1 (1.5 pound) boneless salmon fillet
- ½ teaspoon sea salt available in our online shop
- ½ teaspoon chipotle pepper powder
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 16 (6-inch) corn tortillas (see note below)
- Spicy Chipotle Garnish Sauce available in our online shop
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 4-6 tablespoons Crema Mexicana or sour cream mixed with milk.
- Optional: 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Pre-heat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place salmon skin-side down on the wire rack, basket or baking tray. Season the fish with the salt and chipotle pepper powder.
- Cook for 15 minutes. The salmon should be cooked through with a pale pink color.
- Remove the salmon from the air fryer. Peel and discard the skin. Use a fork to break apart the salmon in small pieces.
- Warm up the tortillas in a frying pan with no oil until starts to brown. For a quicker method, microwave the tortillas for 30-60 seconds. Keep the tortillas wrapped in a fabric napkin and set aside.
- To assemble the tacos, first add the shredded red cabbage, salmon, and cilantro. Squeeze on the Spicy Chipotle Garnish Sauce and drizzle on the Mexican crema.
The FDA recommends cooking salmon to an internal temperature of 145°F, measured in the thickest part of the salmon filets. If you don’t have a thermometer, don’t worry. You will know that the salmon is ready because the salmon will turn from a translucent reddish to opaque pink.
Don’t overcook the salmon. Remove the salmon from the air fryer immediately. Remember, it will continue to cook if left in the basket. Fifteen minutes is my foolproof method.
Regarding the corn tortillas, I recommend using double tortillas per taco to make it sturdier. One taco may break and you will end up making a mess. Nutritional information includes using only 1 taco shell.
You may have leftover salmon
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: lunch
- Method: air Fryer
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: air fryer salmon, salmon tacos, Gluten Free, Mexican, Main Dishes, Entrees, Cinco de mayo, fish tacos, baja tacos, easy recipe, salmon recipe, air fryer recipe