This Santa Fe Salad Dressing recipe is made with our Raz-Pepper (Raspberry Jalapeno) Preserves, lemon juice, a dash of salt and olive oil. This rich vinaigrette can be used with any kind of salad such as quinoa, brown rice, bulgur, farro, and green salad. This dressing has just the right amount of heat from the raspberry jalapeno jam. I paired this vinaigrette with a colorful bulgur rainbow salad. Each of the vegetable ingredients add a special touch. Added to a cup of the bulgur is fresh vegetables and herbs like corn, fresh diced mango, red pepper, and green onions. The ingredients that give this salad a southwestern flare are the black beans, avocado, and fresh cilantro. This dish is vegetarian.
- 1 cup cooked Bulgur
- ¾ cup whole kernel corn, (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- ¾ cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced green onion
- ¾ cup diced fresh mango
- ½ cup diced fresh avocado
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook Bulgur according to package directions. When cooked, uncover and let cool to room temperature.
- Combine Raspberry Jalapeno Jam and lime juice, salt, pepper & olive oil in a small mason jar; shake and mix well.
- Put the bulgur in a medium size bowl and add the black beans, red bell pepper, green onion & corn.
- Then pour the salad dressing over the bulgur mixture.
- Stir, cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, stir in mango, avocado and cilantro and serve immediately.
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Cuisine: Southwestern USA
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 9.9 g
- Sodium: 106.1 mg
- Fat: 13.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.5 g
- Fiber: 9.4 g
- Protein: 6.6 g