Last March, our friends Dave and Mark came to visit us. Dave surprised us with a delicious chicken salad which has inspired me to make this salad almost every week. Each time I spoon in something different to try and kick it up a notch. This week, I selected the Fine Herb Mayonnaise from our product line, and I created this tasty recipe for Summer Chicken Salad & Pita Chip which didn’t last too long in our refrigerator.
Summer Chicken Salad & Pita Chips
- 4 Spoons (or more if needed) Herb Mayonnaise
- 2 Spoons Dijon mustard
- 1 whole store-bought roasted chicken
- 2 stalks celery chopped in small pieces
- 1 shallot chopped in small pieces
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 apple chopped in small pieces
- ½ cup walnuts chopped in small pieces
- Shred the chicken into small pieces and reserve in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, cut the apple into small pieces and then squeeze the juice of half of a lemon onto the apple to prevent oxidation
- In the large bowl that contains the chicken, toss in the apple, walnut, shallot and celery.
- Spoon in the mustard and mayonnaise.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix it all together.
- Grab a spoon and taste to see if you want to add any extra personal touches.
Courses Dinner, Lunch