Best Hummus Ever
Yield 2 -3/4 cups
Best Hummus Ever!! This recipe was adapted from the very best and my mentor Ina Garten. However, throughout the years, I have made several changes to the original recipe. This dish is a hit when I have parties with friends and family. They always ask me to give them this recipe.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 TableSpoon kosher salt - Adjust as need it
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 TableSpoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons) - I always add more if I want more acidity.
- 2 TableSpoons water or liquid from the chickpeas
- 8 dashes hot sauce - You can start with a few dashes to adjust the spiciness to your levels.
- 2 TableSpoons Olive Oil - You can add more if is need it.
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 TeaSpoons Cumin
- 2 TableSpoons plain Greek YogurtOptional as a garnish
- A dash of Sumac or Paprika
- Drizzle Olive Oil
Other garnish ideas
- Add some crumbled Feta Cheese & Kalamata Olives
- In the food processor, add all the ingredients and blend until becomes smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning until you are satisfied.
Special Note: It's very important to let the hummus site overnight to concentrate and blend the flavors