Black Bean and Avocado Crostini is the ultimate Mediterranean appetizer or snack that deliciously combines the creaminess of black beans and avocado. It's a terrific snack idea for evenings and a delectably easy appetizer for your parties.
- 1 package of crostini toasts
- 1 small finely diced Vidalia onion
- 1-2 finely chopped medium tomatoes
- 1 15oz can of black beans
- 2 teaspoons Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil PDO Sitia Crete Click to buy in our online shop
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 sliced avocados
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4oz crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the onions, tomatoes, black beans and vinegar over medium heat until all are softened. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mix together the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper in a small bowl
- Assemble: On each piece of toast, place a heaping spoonful of the black bean mixture and spread on toast. Followed by the crumbled feta cheese, and then finally with three slices of avocado.
- Drizzle on to the avocado strips the olive oil mixture, and serve.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: building
- Cuisine: Italian