Enjoy this summer season with one of my new favorites fruits: boysenberry. This berry is a cross between the European raspberry and blackberry, and the American dewberry and loganberry. Boysenberry has a sweet-tart flavor with a thin, delicate, dark maroon colored skin with soft red highlights.
This easy two-ingredient ice cream has your favorite vanilla ice cream brand and our new favorite jam, Boysenberry Fruit Spread.
- 1 quart premium vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 6oz (½ jar) chilled Boysenberry Fruit Spread
- Let ice cream soften in the refrigerator for about an hour. (TIP: Set a timer to remember it's in there so it doesn't turn to liquid)
- Stir together ice cream and Boysenberry Fruit Spread.
- Transfer to plastic container; cover and freeze until firm. About 3-5 hours.
Vitamin A 9% , Vitamin C 3%, Calcium 9% Iron 1%
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 23.1 g
- Sodium: 58.8 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.5 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 29 mg
Keywords: semi-homemade ice cream, two-ingredient dessert