Chilled peach soup is a sweet, tangy, and delightful summer soup. Garnish with cucumber noodles and yellow bell pepper, sliced peach, fresh basil leaves, and crumbled fresh goat cheese. Finish up with a drizzle of LIA Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 4 peaches)
- 1/4 cup diced peeled seedless cucumber, plus thin slices for garnish
- 1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper, plus thin slices for garnish
- 1/4 cup diced dried apricots
- 3 TableSpoons crumbled fresh goat cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 TableSpoons L’Abeille Occitane Provence Flowers Honey which you can buy in our online shop
- 1/4 cup Navarino Icons White Balsamic Vinegar, plus more for seasoning, which you can buy in our online shop
- 1/4 cup plus 2 TableSpoons LIA Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling, which you can buy in our online shop
- 1+1/2 teaSpoons Pure Sea Salt by Salt Odyssey which you can buy in our online shop
- 1 large garlic clove
- Basil leaves, for garnish
- In a bowl, toss the peaches, diced cucumber, yellow pepper and apricots. Add the honey, goat cheese, balsamic vinegar and 2 TableSpoons of the extra virgin olive oil. Stir in the salt, and add the garlic. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard the garlic. Puree the rest of the contents in a blender. Add 1/4 cup of water and puree until smooth and creamy, adding more water if needed. Add more salt and vinegar to taste. Refrigerate until very cold, at least an hour.
- To serve, pour the peach soup into bowls. Lightly drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with the sliced cucumber, sliced bell pepper, goat cheese and basil.
You of course can use regular supermarket honey, salt, EVOO and white balsamic, but the taste will not be the same.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Blend
Keywords: Gazpacho, cold soup, summer soup, stone fruit soup