Easy Parmesan Artichoke Risotto - Risotto is one of my favorite recipes, and this week I decided to cook a very easy Parmesan Artichoke Risotto. As I do most of the time, I took little pieces from different recipes and I made this recipe my own. As a base, I took a basic risotto recipe and I added Mascarpone Cheese, Peas, and our Artichoke Pesto. This risotto has a delicate and creamy taste. This dish is served as a first course in Italy. Most of the time you eat risotto with a glass of white wine but the selection of what kind of wine will depend on the variation of the risotto.
- 2 TableSpoons Olive Oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 glove garlic, minced
- Celery, a finger size, minced
- 1-1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup White Wine
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 TableSpoons Mascapone cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 TableSpoon Butter
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 TableSpoons Artichoke Pesto Click to buy in our online shop
- 1/2 teaSpoon pepper
- 1 teaSpoon Salt
- In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken broth over medium-low heat and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the shallots, celery and garlic, and cook until softened.
- Add the rice and cook for a minute, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and cook until evaporated.
- Then add about 2 cups of warm stock and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated. Add 2 more cups of stock, and continue cooking until evaporated again. Add 1 more cup, and cook until evaporated. Taste the rice to see if it's done. If needed, add additional broth and cook for a bit longer. It should have a bite to it, but be creamy in texture. This process will take around 25 minutes
- Add the Artichoke Pesto, mascarpone, green peas, butter & Parmesan. Stir and cook until the tapenade warms up and the butter melts.
- Remove from heat. Taste and add more salt & pepper if it is needed.
- Garnish with more grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinners
- Cuisine: Italian