If you are a mojito fan, you’ll love this grilled pineapple mojito that is a perfect combination of smokey, minty, and fruity flavors. This cocktail will become your favorite summer drink in a jiffy.
Grilled Pineapple Syrup:
- Grill the pineapple rings 3-5 minutes per side, until you get a good char.
- In a small saucepan at medium low heat, add water and brown sugar. Stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, muddle 4-5 grilled pineapple rings and add rings and juice to saucepan. Cook for about two more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Then strain the syrup and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Grilled Pineapple Mojito:
- Muddle the lime juice, 2-3 grilled pineapple chunks and mint in a Collins glass.
- Add ice cubes. Pour in pineapple syrup, rum, and top with club soda.
- Garnish with pineapple leaf/spike.
Optional: You can add 2 oz of juice from the grilled pineapple. It will add fruitier flavor.
Grilled pineapple chunks: Remove the skin and top from a ripe pineapple and cut into 1/3-inch slices. Grill until caramelized. Cut into chunks.
We partner (affiliate links) with Drizly delivery service, so if you don’t have the alcoholic ingredients you can have them delivered.
Drink responsibly. If you are under the legal drinking age limit for your state or country, this recipe is not for you. Sorry.
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: Cuban
Keywords: summer drinks, grilled drinks, fruity cocktail, alcoholic drink