Pecan Honey Mustard Dressing is very versatile and can be used as a marinade, salad dressing, or glaze for grilled veggies. This recipe is straightforward, quick to prepare, and you only need three ingredients. This time we will be using this dressing in a traditional Thanksgiving dinner side dish of steamed green beans, and topping with chopped pecans and quick pickled shallots. These green beans have been steamed for 6 or 8 minutes for a perfect tender texture with still a bit of crispy and crunchy.
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Spread the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing once, until fragrant - about 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool, then roughly chop.
- Fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket. Steam the green beans until tender - about 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Whisk together the oil, Pecan Honey Mustard and season with ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Toss the beans with the dressing and sprinkle on the toasted pecans.
- Refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Just before serving, toss with the vinegar.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side dishes, dinner, lunch, holidays
- Cuisine: American