Labneh Kefir Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert with probiotic-rich ingredients that support your digestive system. The taste of this Kefir Panna Cotta is tangy with light tones of sweetness, and a super silky-smooth texture. The rich red wine syrup beautifully complements the panna cotta adding a delicious sweetness with a peppery tone. Original recipe from "The Kefir Cookbook” by Julie Smolyansky and modified by Carlos Leo.
- 3 1/2 sheets gelatin
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1/2 cup Labneh cheese
Red Wine Syrup
- One 750 ml bottle red wine. I use Villas San Giovanni Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/2 cup honey. I use Honey Lemon from L’Abeille Occitane
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Plumcots also known as pluots (dark-skinned pluot with red flesh) -for garnish
For Panna Cotta:
- Submerge the gelatin in an ice bath for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, add the cream and bring to a light simmer.
- Remove the gelatin from the ice bath and drain well. Add the drained gelatin to the saucepan with the cream and whisk in the sugar. Cook until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the kefir and labneh cheese. Add the warm cream mixture and stir until it’s well combined.
- Pour mixture into eight lightly oiled 6-ounce ramekins or custard molds. Allow it to set in the refrigerator overnight.
For The Red Wine Syrup:
- Pour the bottle of wine into a small, heavy-bottomed pot and add the honey and black pepper. Cook the wine until all the alcohol is gone and it is reduced to a thick syrup (about 1 to 1+1/2 cups).
- Pour the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl to remove the pepper. Refrigerate the syrup until you are ready to garnish the panna cotta.
- Remove the panna cotta from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Run a thin knife around the edge of the ramekin, and run tap water along the side of the mold briefly. Then turn over onto small plates. Garnish with sliced Plumcots and drizzle with the red wine syrup.
Vitamin A13%, Vitamin C10%, Calcium 17%, Iron 29%, Vitamin D15%, Vitamin B1210%, Vitamin E1%, Vitamin K2%
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 575
- Sugar: 38.1 g
- Sodium: 129.5 mg
- Fat: 20.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.3 g
- Protein: 8.9 g
- Cholesterol: 63.1 mg