This orange shortbread cookie recipe delivers the most comforting holiday cookies ever. The goat’s milk caramel sauce filling is insane. Making cookies is a fun project for the cold season, and these are perfect to give away for Christmas to your loved ones.
- 8 ounces butter
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons (separated) sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Goat’s Milk Irish Whiskey Cream Caramel Sauce available in our online shop
- Let butter reach room temperature.
- Preheat oven at 350°F. Line baking trays with parchment paper.
- Beat together the butter, orange rind and powdered sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Then stir half into the butter mixture, and combine. Then stir in and combine the rest.
- Roll rounded teaspoons of dough into balls and place them about 1-inch apart on the baking trays. Flatten balls with your hands, and then gently mark them with a fork.
- Bake the shortbread cookies for about 12-15 minutes. The edges should begin to slightly turn a tan color.
- Remove from oven and put tray on cooling rack for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Sandwich two cookies between the caramel sauce when the cookies are completely cooled.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
You can use any flavored (or regular) goat’s milk caramel sauce, or any regular caramel sauce
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Shortbread cookie recipe, caramel sauce, caramel sauce filling, shortbread cookies for Christmas, goat milk caramel sauce, Cajeta, caramel filled cookies, caramel shortbread, caramel shortbread recipe, holiday cookies, shortbread cookies