Fresh Yellow Pea Shoot Salad with micro arugula, red radishes, zucchini, and hazelnut. This salad recipe has a tender texture, with a fresh spring pea taste and a peppery, nutty, mustardy undertone. All the ingredients for this salad, such as the yellow pea shoots, micro arugula, red radishes, zucchini, and hazelnuts, can all be found year-round in your local supermarket or farmer's market. The salad dressing is a Champagne Mustard Vinaigrette made with Greek EVOO, Orange Blossom Honey, and Tarragon Dijon Mustard.
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 3 Tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2/4 teaspoon Tarragon Dijon Mustard
- 2/4 teaspoon Orange Blossom Honey
- 2/4 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil. - I use Navarino Icons Eleon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large fresh burrata
- 5 ounces micro arugula or baby arugula. I used micro arugula from Bright Fresh
- 3 1/2 ounces gold pea shoots. - I recommend from Bright Fresh if you can get it
- 4 large radishes, trimmed and very thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 zucchini in ribbons. - I use this spiral slicer Click to buy on Amazon
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spread the hazelnuts evenly on a baking sheet and toast until you can smell them and the skins start to come apart - about 15 minutes. Transfer the toasted hazelnuts to a kitchen towel and let cool for a few minutes. Then rub the nuts together hard enough so that the skins fall off. Coarsely chop the nuts.
- In a large bowl add the micro arugula, pea shoots, radishes, zucchini ribbons and chopped hazelnuts and toss well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the champagne vinegar with the Tarragon Dijon Mustard, honey, and minced shallot. Add the extra virgin olive oil and whisk until blended. Season the vinaigrette with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Plate the salad. Then mix the vinaigrette briefly and pour on top. Enjoy!
Vitamin A 27%, Vitamin C 26%, Calcium 46%, Iron 11%, Magnesium 16% , Potassium 12%, Zinc 19%, Thiamin (B1) 9%, Riboflavin (B2) 19%, Niacin (B3) 3%, Vitamin B6 10%, Vitamin B12 29%, Vitamin E 24% , Vitamin K 152%.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Lunch, dinner
- Cuisine: International