Spicy Burger Recipe with L’Epicurien Pesto Rosso is perfect on the outdoor grill, or indoor oven/pan. Easily made with lean ground beef, and panko bread crumbs (Japanese-style). This hamburger recipe is easy, simple and with tons of flavor.
- 1 pound lean (80% lean) ground beef
- 1/3 cup Pesto Rosso for Bruschetta Click to purchase online from our pantry
- 1 Tablespoon Japanese-style Panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes or Smoked Chili Flakes Click to our online pantry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly sliced pepper jack or cheddar cheese (optional)
- 4 ciabatta rolls or burger buns, sliced in half
- Gently combine ground beef, Pesto Rosso, bread crumbs, pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Grill or broil 4-5 minutes per side, turning once.
- Shortly before burgers are done, top with additional Pesto Rosso and/or thinly sliced cheese.
- Serve in ciabatta rolls. As a dressing you can mix mayonnaise & Pesto Rosso for a special mayonnaise.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 660
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 1080 mg
- Fat: 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 17.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.5 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 39.5 g
- Cholesterol: 125 mg