These stuffed pork chops are boneless filled with blue Stilton cheese, chopped hazelnuts & chives, and vegan fig salami seasoned with orange zest, Aleppo pepper and smoked paprika. A quick recipe that’s easy enough for a weeknight dinner, yet fancy enough for entertaining!
- 4 boneless pork chops, butterflied and flattened
- 1/3 cup Vegan Fig Salami with Orange Zest, grated which you can purchase in our shop
- 2 TableSpoons chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 2oz stilton blue cheese
- 1 teaSpoon Sea Salt with Smoked Paprika which you can purchase in our shop
- 1 teaSpoon Aleppo pepper
- 1/2 cup Riesling wine or chardonnay
- 1/2 cup Riesling wine or chardonnay to deglaze the pan and pan sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock for the pan sauce
- 1/2 teaSpoon Sea Salt with Smoked Paprika for the pan sauce to adjust salt level if need it.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzle, which you can purchase in our shop
- Set your oven on the “roast” selection and pre-heat to 375-F
- With a sharp knife, cut the pork chops in the center and make an incision almost to the end. (butterfly cut)
- With a meat pounder, flatten the pork chops.
- Mix in a small bowl Sea Salt with Smoked Paprika, and Aleppo pepper.
- Season both sides of the flattened pork chops with the salt mixture.
- Stuff the pork chops first with Stilton blue cheese; then the Vegan Fig Salami, chives, and hazelnut. Drizzle on some extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour ½ cup of Riesling wine in the roasting pan, and place them in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 145-F. When done, take the stuffed pork chops out.
- Make the Sauce: Deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup of wine and let the alcohol evaporate. Then add the chicken stock. Season with smoked paprika sea salt if needed. Let the sauce get a bit thick. Optional: you can add grated fig salami or a tablespoon of fig jam for a saucier sauce.
- Remove the twine, pour on some sauce, and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean flavors
Keywords: stuffed meat, pork recipe, dried figs, savory recipe, special dinner, easy meal, easy dinner, easy recipe, Mediterranean flavors, 30 minute meal