This recipe for air fryer chicken wings with hot pepper peach bourbon sauce is the easiest way of making crispy and meaty wings with very little cooking oil. You only need some wings, garlic and onion powder, a pinch of baking powder, salt and pepper to taste. Don’t forget the fantastic Hot Pepper Peach Bourbon Sauce!
- Set the dial to “air fry” and the temperature to 400°F. Preheating your air fryer will give you the best, crispiest result. Use cooking spray or a fine mist sprayer to lightly coat your wings prior to cooking.
- If you have wing tips, using a sharp knife, cut the two wing joints, and discard the wing tips.
- Place the wings in a zip-lock bag and add your baking powder, salt and pepper. Shake to cover the wings.
- Position the chicken on the wire rack in the air fryer. Make sure they are not touching each other.
- Cook for 10 minutes on first side.
- Remove the wings from air fryer and flip with tongs. Continue cooking until crispy for around 10-12 minutes until internal temperature measures 165°F.
- Remove from the air fryer and immediately coat with the Hot Pepper Peach Bourbon Sauce. For this you will use about half the jar.
- Serve with more sauce.
Some air fryers are also ovens by design. If you use this kind like I do, you don’t need to flip the wings.
See recipe blog post for instructions on how to cook these wings in a regular oven.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: air frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Hot wings, buffalo wings, chicken recipes, air fryer recipes, weeknight meals, summer recipes