Summer Antipasto Salad in a Jar, with five variations, for an assortment of meal prep ideas to take to work for lunch every day of the week, or for easy weeknight dinners. This salad recipe is the perfect candidate for barbecues, potlucks, and patio parties.
- 1 cup black olives, halved
- 1 cup Pitted Sicilian olives, halved
- 7oz jar of roasted red peppers, chopped
- 10oz jar of marinated baby artichokes – no chopping necessary
- 1/3 cup capers
- 2 + 1/2 cups celery chopped including the leaves
- 2 cups provolone, in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups hard salami, in 1/2 inch cubes
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves grated in a microplane.
- 1 teaSpoon dried oregano – I use Dominican oregano
- 1 teaSpoon sea salt – Click to buy in our online shop
- 1/2 teaSpoon sugar
Additional ingredients for Antipasto Salad variations: The below items were not calculated in the nutritional info.
- Cooked quinoa
- Cooked orzo
- Cooked tricolor fusilli pasta
- Hard boil eggs
- Pre-packaged green butter lettuce & red butter lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Crusty bread like baguette in cubes.
- In a large glass bowl, add the chopped ingredients in any order: hard salami, provolone, celery, black olives, Sicilian olives, roasted red pepper, baby artichokes (whole), capers (whole).
- Make the vinaigrette: In a mason jar, add the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, sea salt, oregano and sugar. Shake until is well-combined.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the antipasto mixture and toss until is well coated.
- Store the salad in individual jars or airtight containers.
- Before eating, add any additional ingredients you love or just toss before eating to coat again with the vinaigrette.
- Store in the fridge for up to five days.
Vitamin A 3%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 21%, Iron 10%, Vitamin D 1%, Vitamin B12 15%, Vitamin E 2%, Vitamin K 17%
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 275
- Sodium: 1513.8 mg
- Fat: 23.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 27.5 mg