For this recipe I use a classic guacamole recipe and I transform it into the best guacamole recipe by adding ground coriander, crispy bacon, charred corn and cotija cheese. Serve with your favorite cheese tortillas, quesadillas, on toast with hard boiled egg, in a sandwich or deviled eggs.
- 4 medium ripe avocados halved and pitted
- 3 TableSpoons lime juice
- 2 TableSpoons white onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- ¼ teaSpoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaSpoon ground cumin
- 1 teaSpoon sea salt, more to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen, thawed, drained corn – charred
- 2 strips bacon
- 2 TableSpoons red pickled onion
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- salty tortilla chips for serving
Cooking the bacon:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the 2 strips of bacon on a baking sheet. Use aluminum foil as a liner. If you have an oven proof rack, you can put it between the bacon and the aluminum foil
- Bake until the bacon is deep golden-brown and crispy – about 15 to 20 minutes. But, make sure you start to check the oven after the first 10 minutes.
- Remove the bacon and leave it outside to cool down. Crumble in small pieces.
Char the corn:
- Place the corn in a small frying pan on high heat. Leave it alone for a couple of minutes until you see them get a char, and then stir to get the other side the same way. Leave it aside to cool down.
Making the best guacamole:
- Cut the avocados lengthwise. Remove the pit with a knife and spoon-out the meat. Place it in a small bowl and mash the avocado with a potato masher. Leave the avocado in small chunks.
- Start to add the seasoning: lime juice, salt, ground cumin, ground coriander, cayenne, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeño, and chopped onion. Mix well.
- Add half of the crumbled bacon and half of the charred corn. Mix well until is well combined.
Presenting the guacamole:
- Place the guacamole in a small bowl with a wide opening.
- Garnish with the other half of the charred corn & crumbled bacon.
- Sprinkle on cotija cheese, chopped cilantro and the chopped pickled red onion.
Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%, Vitamin B12 2%, Vitamin E 9%, Vitamin K 5%
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 10 serving
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 335 mg
- Fat: 12.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7 g
- Fiber: 5.9 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 6.7 mg