Pickled red onions are so easy to make, and once you do it the first time, you will end up keeping some in your refrigerator all the time. There are so many dishes you can put pickled red onions on.
- Thinly slice the red onions with a mandolin or with a knife.
- Prepare a mason jar. I use Luigi Bormioli Lock Eat jars.
- Combine in the jar the apple cider vinegar, hot water, coriander seed, black peppercorn, sugar, sea salt.
- Whisk until the salt and sugar is dissolved.
- Place the thinly sliced red onions in the jar. Make sure the onions are covered completely. The onion that I had was too big. So, I doubled the pickle liquid.
- Let it sit on the counter until it has cooled completely. Then cover with the lid and put it in the refrigerator.
- Category: Condiment
- Method: pickle
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: pickled vegetables, pickled onion