The BEST Peanut Butter Cookie recipe is the one you make for your family and friends during the holidays. Once you make them once, these peanut butter cookies will be asked for all year-round.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, and if haven’t done so already, take the butter out of the refrigerator.
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Blend butter with peanut butter in mixing bowl.
- Gradually add brown sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Blend in sifted dry ingredients, and mix thoroughly. [see note below]
- Scoop a rounded teaSpoon of dough for each cookie, and shape into ball; place on ungreased cookie sheet. I started using a small ice cream scooper which makes it easier and less messy.
- Flatten balls with fork in a crisscross fashion.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or golden.
The dough should be very moist, but thick. If it seems to too thin or sticky, add 1/2 cup more flour.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Christmas cookies, holiday cookies, peanut butter cookies