The BEST Peanut Butter Cookie recipe is the one you make for your family and friends during the holidays. Once you make them once, these peanut butter cookies will be asked for all year-round.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup unsalted butter, or Brown Butter
- 1 cup of chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, and if haven't done so already, take the butter out of the refrigerator.
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Blend butter with peanut butter in mixing bowl.
- Gradually add brown sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Mix in sifted dry ingredients thoroughly. [see note below]
- Scoop a rounded teaspoon of dough for each cookie, and shape into ball; place on ungreased cookie sheet. I started using a small ice cream scooper which makes it easier and less messy.
- Flatten balls with fork in a crisscross fashion.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, or golden.
The dough should be very moist, but thick. If it seems to too thin or sticky, add 1/2 cup more flour.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Christmas cookies, holiday cookies, peanut butter cookies, PB cookies