Black Bean Soup Recipe only takes 10 minutes to make and only has 6 ingredients. This creamy soup is vegan, vegetarian and full of Cuban/Caribbean flavor. This black bean soup recipe is great as is, but I love to add different fixings. Here are some options that give the soup an extra touch of crunchiness, spiciness, flavorful freshness, and cheesy gooeyness: Crumbled Tortilla chips, fresh chopped cilantro, hot sauce, shredded cheese or crumbled Mexican cheese. Serve with a bowl of white rice or crusty bread. Made with Roasted Red Pepper Salsa.
- 1 cup Roasted Red Pepper Salsa
- 2 (15-ounces) can black beans, drained, and rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaSpoon ground cumin
- 2 TableSpoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaSpoon fresh parsley
- 4 TableSpoons sour cream (optional garnish/topping. not vegan)
- Using a blender to combine Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, beans, vegetable broth, cumin, and parsley. Blend until becomes smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a medium pot and set over medium heat. Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Place the soup in four bowls. Garnish with sour cream and green onion.
- Category: Dinner & Lunch
- Cuisine: Latin/ Caribbean
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 772.3 mg
- Fat: 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.5 g
- Fiber: 16 g
- Protein: 14.3 g
- Cholesterol: 6.2 mg