My friends, I love to make soups because they are super easy to make and healthy. I always increase the quantity I make to stock up my freezer for those lazy days when I don’t feel like cooking anything. This week, I bring you a 10-Minute Easy Vegetarian Black Bean Soup Recipe.
When I say “easy” it is an understatement! This Black Bean Soup Recipe takes 10 minutes to make, only has 6 ingredients and it’s packed with Caribbean flavor.
A black bean soup recipe made with salsa?
This soup is creamy, thick and with just a hint of heat from the Roasted Red Pepper Salsa. Yes, you heard well, we are using salsa! This is the first of several recipes showcasing how versatile our salsa can be, and how it can be incorporated in your everyday cooking. Also, check out one of our favorite party dip recipes Fiesta Roasted Red Pepper Dip that is made with the same salsa.
I was one of those people who thought salsa was only good to eat with chips, or put in Mexican dishes. But, I found a new universe of possibilities of how to incorporate salsa as an ingredient in a lot of my recipes.
What Equipment do you need to make this delicious Black Bean Soup Recipe?
- A blender
- A saucepan
This Black Bean Soup recipe has two steps:
- Blend all the ingredients in the blender.
- Heat the mixture in the saucepan.
Here are some of my favorite toppings:
This creamy soup is perfect as is, but if you are like me, I love to add some fun toppings for an extra layer of crunchiness, saltiness, spiciness or freshness with some herbs.
- Crumbled tortilla chips
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Thinly sliced green onion
- Fresh parsley
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Shredded cheese or crumbled Mexican cheese.
- Serve with a bowl of white rice, or a crusty bread.
Have a fun week!
UPDATE: This recipe is part of the 9 Mexican food recipes to celebrate Cinco de Mayo
10-Minute Easy Vegetarian Black Bean Soup Recipe
Yield 4 people
Black Bean Soup Recipe only takes 10 minutes to make and only has 6 ingredients. This creamy soup is vegan, vegetarian and full of Cuban/Caribbean flavor. This black bean soup recipe is great as is, but I love to add different fixings. Here are some options that give the soup an extra touch of crunchiness, spiciness, flavorful freshness, and cheesy gooeyness: Crumbled Tortilla chips, fresh chopped cilantro, hot sauce, shredded cheese or crumbled Mexican cheese. Serve with a bowl of white rice or crusty bread. Made with Roasted Red Pepper Salsa.
- 1 cup Roasted Red Pepper Salsa
- 2 (15-ounces) can black beans, drained, and rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaSpoon ground cumin
- 2 TableSpoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaSpoon fresh parsley
- 4 TableSpoons sour cream (optional garnish/topping. not vegan)
- Using a blender to combine Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, beans, cumin, and parsley. Blend until becomes smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a medium pot and set over medium heat. Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Place the soup in four bowls. Garnish with sour cream and green onion.
Courses Dinner & Lunch
Cuisine Latin/ Caribbean
Serving Size 1 Cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3.3 g
Saturated Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 6.2 mg
Sodium 772.3 mg
Total Carbohydrates 40.5 g
Dietary Fiber 16 g
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 14.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Products and displays used in this recipe available on Amazon:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.