This one-pot chicken and rice casserole is a classic family meal reinvented with the addition of roasted pineapple habanero sauce. This sauce gives the dish a sweet, savory, spicy flavor. This comfort meal is perfect for weeknight dinners with the family, and the whole thing is ready in less than an hour.
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in & skin-off
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, for chicken available in our online shop
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, for chicken
- 1 tablespoon Hellenic Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil available in our online shop
- 1 bottle Roasted Pineapple Habanero Sauce available in our online shop
- 2 cups chicken stock, no-salt or low-sodium
- 1 cup of rice, brown or white
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, for rice
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken thighs in a large heavy casserole dish placed over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Set aside. It will take around three minutes per side. If the chicken is still sticking to the pan when you flip it, then it’s not ready.
- Combine the Roasted Pineapple Habanero Sauce, chicken stock, sea salt and rice in the casserole dish. Bring to a boil.
- Top with the browned chicken thighs. Cover casserole with the lid and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove lid, garnish with cilantro, and serve.
- Category: Dinners
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: one-pot meal, casserole recipe, classic recipe, chicken and rice recipe, classic American recipe, make ahead, potluck dinner, baked chicken, rice casserole, chicken casserole, comfort food, easy chicken recipe, meal plan