Easy Salted Caramel Pear Trifle has flavored whipped cream piped between layers of pound cake, poached pears, L’Epicurien Salted Butter Caramel Spread and topped with crushed toasted hazelnut. Can be made the day before.
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 2-inch strip lemon peel
- 4 firm & ripe Bosc pears, peeled, halved, cored
For Whipped Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 teaSpoon unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 1/2 TableSpoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaSpoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup L’Epicurien Salted Butter Caramel Spread Click to buy in our online shop
- 12 1/4-inch-thick slices from purchased 12-ounce pound cake
- 1/2 cup crushed hazelnut, toasted
Making the Pears:
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into large saucepan; add bean. Add 6 cups water, sugar and lemon peel.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer. Add pears; simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Cool pears in syrup.
Making the Whipped Cream:
- Beat chilled cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in large bowl until firm peaks form.
- Fold 1/2 cup caramel sauce into cream. NOTE: You may need to heat the caramel sauce slightly (5-8 seconds in microwave) and stir to work with it. Make sure it is not warm going into the cream.
Assembling the Trifle:
- Drain pears and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Press 1 piece of cake into each of the six 12- to 14-ounce tumblers.
- Top each with 5 pear slices, 2 teaSpoons caramel sauce and 1/4 cup caramel cream.
- Repeat layering with cake, pears, caramel sauce and caramel cream. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Drizzle remaining caramel sauce over trifles. Sprinkle with nuts and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: British