What do all ice creams have in common? They all start with an ice cream base mixture. This Homemade Eggless Ice Cream Base Recipe will give all your homemade ice creams a wonderful beginning, just add whatever additional flavoring you choose.
- Combine the sugar, dry milk, and xanthan gum in a small bowl and stir well.
- Pour the corn syrup into a medium pot and stir in the whole milk. Add the sugar mixture and immediately whisk enthusiastically until smooth.
- Set the pot over medium heat and cook, stirring often and adjusting the heat if necessary to prevent a simmer, until the sugar has fully dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the cream and whisk until fully combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 6 hours. For a better texture and flavor, chill for 24 hours. Stir the base back together if it separates during the resting time.
The base can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week before churning, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just be sure to fully thaw the frozen base before using it.
- Category: dessert
- Method: churning
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: no egg ice cream, base for ice cream, ice cream base