The Brandy Eggnog Bundt Cake checks all the right boxes for a comforting, homemade baked treat. It’s a new classic, and it tastes gorgeous! Adding eggnog to the batter makes our cake super moist, and an eggnog drizzle makes this tasty bundt cake a looker!
Adapted from Southern Living Magazine, with several changes.
- 1 + 1/2 cups softened, unsalted butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 + 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons sea salt available in our online shop
- 1 teaSpoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaSpoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 1 + 1/2 TableSpoons Eggnog Brandy Compound
- Alternative if you don’t have this compound: Use 1/4 cup brandy + 2 tablespoons of eggnog
- Flour cake pan spray, I highly recommend this product to prevent the batter from sticking to the mold
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Slowly add your granulated sugar, beating until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, combining after each addition. Beat on medium for 1 minute after adding the last egg.
- Sift or whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Stir together the cream, vanilla, and eggnog compound in small measuring cup.
- Combine flour and cream mixtures into the butter mixture with the mixer on the lowest speed, in the following sequence:
- first third of flour mixture,
- first half of cream mixture,
- second third of flour mixture,
- final half of cream mixture,
- final third of flour mixture.
Mix each batch until just combined. Scrape bowl between each incorporation as needed.
PRO TIP: Use a heaping 1 cup measuring cup for flour mixture, and heaping ½ cup measuring cup for cream mixture.
- Transfer batter to a greased and floured 15-cup bundt cake mold. (see notes)
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean.
- Cool baked cake in the pan on a wire rack until pan is just cool enough to handle - about 20 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack to cool for at least 1 hour.
- Stir together powdered sugar, eggnog compound, vanilla, and cream in a large bowl until smooth. Add additional powdered sugar or cream until you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer cooled cake to a platter; pour eggnog drizzle over cake. Wait 5 minutes before slicing, if you can.
Substitution for the compound in the cake: Use 1/4 cup brandy + 2 tablespoons of eggnog
Substitution for the compound in the drizzle: Use 2 tablespoons brandy + 3 tablespoons of eggnog
If using a smaller size bundt mold, cake may bake above the rim. Trim as needed to level. For this recipe, we use a 10 cup mold and filled to the top of the mold design and made rest in another pan
We partner (affiliate links) with Drizly delivery service, so if you don’t have the alcoholic ingredients you can have them delivered. Drink responsibly.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Holiday baking, eggnog recipe, Bundt cake, holiday dessert, Eggnog cake