Fennel, cucumber & celery slaw great as a topping to your lamb or beef burgers, as a side salad, or an accompaniment for all your BBQ meals.
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced; plus, 1/4 cup chopped fennel fronds
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint
- 2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced or 1/2 of a large cucumber
- 2 Tablespoons Eleia Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano & Sesame Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the celery, fennel, cucumber, fennel fronds, and shallots, ideally with a mandolin, and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss the cut vegetables with the lemon juice, fresh mint, and EVOO. Season with salt and pepper.
If you use a mandolin, you will cut your vegetables faster and the same size.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: salad
- Method: tossing
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: side salad, cole slaw alternative, topping for burgers