- 2/3 cup (1 stick + 3 Tablespoons) softened butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 & 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon double acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (10 oz.) White Fig & Almond Confit
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 oz. chopped and melted white chocolate
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl, with an electric mixer.
- Beat in egg, then vanilla, almond extract, and Grand Marnier.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom and salt, blend thoroughly into butter mixture (mixture will be crumbly).
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Spread half of crumb mixture (about 2 cups) evenly on bottom of pie plate.
- Dollop spoonfuls of Fig & Almond Confit on top, and gently spread evenly.
- Mix remaining crumbs with almonds; spread on top of fig spread; pat down lightly.
- Bake at 375°F for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges, and firm to the touch.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Italian / Mediterranean
Keywords: almond fig cake, Almond Crumb cake, almond coffee cake, cardamom desserts, almond cake with cardamom