Fig Almond Cake Crumble Recipe is my kind of dessert because it has all my favorite ingredients like White Fig & Almond Confit, cardamom, ground almonds and Grand Marnier. This cake is quick and super easy. This cake is also known as “Fig Almond Torte.”
- 2/3 cup (1 stick + 3 TableSpoons) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 TableSpoon Grand Marnier
- 1/8 teaSpoon cinnamon
- 1 teaSpoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaSpoon almond extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaSpoon vanilla extract
- 2 & 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaSpoon double acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaSpoon salt
- 1 jar (10 oz.) White Fig & Almond Confit Click to buy online in our shop
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 oz. white chocolate, chopped and melted
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg, then vanilla, almond extract, and Grand Marnier.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom and salt, blend thoroughly into butter mixture (mixture will be crumbly).
- Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Spread half of crumb mixture (about 2 cups) evenly on bottom of pie plate.
- Dollop spoonfuls of Fig & Almond Confit on top, and gently spread evenly.
- Mix remaining crumbs with almonds; spread on top of fig spread; pat down lightly.
- Bake at 375°F for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges, and firm to the touch.
- Cool on a wire rack. Drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 496
- Sugar: 18.1 g
- Sodium: 156 mg
- Fat: 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.8 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 51.7 mg