Fig Almond Cake is quick and super easy... my kind of dessert recipe.
Fig Almond Cake Crumble Recipe is my kind of dessert because it has all my favorite ingredients like White Fig & Almond Confit, cardamom, ground almonds and Grand Marnier. This cake is quick and super easy. The dough mixture is crumbly, and I added cardamom and the orange flavored liquor to enhance the fig flavor from the White Fig & Almond Confit. This cake is also known as "Fig Almond Torte."
Drizzle white chocolate on the Fig Almond Cake
After the cake is cool, drizzle on some melted white chocolate. It adds a simple yet elegant decadence to the dessert.
Display dishes are from the Iriana Gold White Collection from 10 Strawberry Street
More Recipes using Fig & Almond Confit
- Fig Jam-Filled Almond Cupcakes
- Fig Almond Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups
- Fig Almond Tartlets
- Vanilla Fig Almond Ice Cream
Fig Almond Cake Crumble Recipe is my kind of dessert because it has all my favorite ingredients like White Fig & Almond Confit, cardamom, ground almonds and Grand Marnier. This cake is quick and super easy. This cake is also known as "Fig Almond Torte."
- ⅔ cup (1 stick + 3 TableSpoons) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 TableSpoon Grand Marnier
- ⅛ teaSpoon cinnamon
- 1 teaSpoon cardamom
- ¼ teaSpoon almond extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ teaSpoon vanilla extract
- 2 & ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaSpoon double acting baking powder
- ½ teaSpoon salt
- 1 jar (10 oz.) White Fig & Almond Confit Click to buy online in our shop
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- 1 oz. white chocolate, chopped and melted
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg, then vanilla, almond extract, and Grand Marnier.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom and salt, blend thoroughly into butter mixture (mixture will be crumbly).
- Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Spread half of crumb mixture (about 2 cups) evenly on bottom of pie plate.
- Dollop spoonfuls of Fig & Almond Confit on top, and gently spread evenly.
- Mix remaining crumbs with almonds; spread on top of fig spread; pat down lightly.
- Bake at 375°F for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges, and firm to the touch.
- Cool on a wire rack. Drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 496
- Sugar: 18.1 g
- Sodium: 156 mg
- Fat: 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.8 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 51.7 mg
Available to purchase today in our online shop:
Available via these Amazon links:
Disclaimer: Links that open in another site, i.e. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Read our Disclosure Policy.