This traditional Greek salad has an elevated presentation with a creamy feta mousse and with high-quality ingredients. For this salad, I'm using heirloom tomatoes, Hellenic Farms Greek kalamata olives, thinly sliced red onions, fresh oregano with a few leaves of microgreens. It's lightly dressed with high quality Greek extra virgin olive oil & Sea Salt Fleur De Sel.
- 6 ounces (1+1/2 cups) crumbled Greek feta cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin softened in 1+1/2 Tablespoons of water
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 2+1/2 pounds sliced & quartered mixed heirloom tomatoes
- Sea Salt Fleur De Sel available now in our online shop
- Coarsely ground black pepper. Adjust to your taste
- 1/4 cup LIÁ Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil available now in our online shop
- 16 halved pitted kalamata olives available now in our online shop
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- Microgreens - optional
- Dissolve unflavored gelatin in water, in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the feta cheese and heavy cream in a small saucepan, and simmer over moderate heat until the feta is slightly melted, about 1 minute. Stir in the softened gelatin and transfer to a blender.
- Puree until fairly smooth. Season with white pepper. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Bring the feta mousse back to room temperature - about 20 minutes. Whisk the mousse until loosened.
- Spread the mousse on one side of each plate. Top with the tomatoes, halved kalamata olives, thinly sliced red onion, and fresh oregano. Lightly season with fleur de sel sea salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle with the Greek extra virgin olive oil
- The feta mousse can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Read recipe blog post for more ideas on what else to make with the feta mousse.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 3
- Category: Salad
- Method: blending
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: cheese blending, making mousse, Mediterranean salad, vegetarian salad